Benefits of an Infrared Sauna vs Traditional Saunas

Bsf-web:fb-blog-infraredsauna

The main difference between an Infrared Sauna and a traditional dry or steam sauna is the type of heat produced. Traditional saunas heat the air to a very high point, which in turn eventually heats your body up, however most people cannot stay long enough to reap the true benefits.

Infrared Saunas use a much more penetrating heat, allowing users to stay longer and increase the benefits on offer. The reason for this is only about 20 percent of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80 percent directly heats your body. Therefore, users can stay much longer, hence increasing the bodies core temperature and amplifying the positive effects listed below.

  • Better sleep
  • Relaxation
  • Detoxification
  • Weight loss
  • Relief from sore muscles
  • Relief from joint pain such as arthritis
  • Clear and tighter skin
  • Improved circulation
  • Help for people with chronic fatigue syndrome
  • Lowered blood pressure
  • Decreased risk of heart disease, stroke and cognitive decline
  • Improved vascular function and inflammation levels
  • Enhanced lung function and capacity
  • Boosted immune response
  • Production of feel-good hormones like endorphins, which boost moods and relieve stress

Experts recommend 40-60 minute sessions depending on tolerance and 3-4 sessions per week. It’s important to stay hydrated and stick within your physical limits.

Most people are not able to sit in a traditional sauna for 30-60min. Experts suggest that the detox effect of sweating takes place when you are sweating deeply for an extended period of time which isn’t realistic in a traditional sauna.